In Alberta, you can apply to be a temporary marriage commissioner at no cost; this enables you to have a friend or family officiate on your special day.
Wedding Ceremonies have a lot of details and can be overwhelming.
I will coach your officiant through the process, so they are confident when standing before you and conducting your ceremony.
I have checklists and tips from over ten years of experience officiating ceremonies.
An applicant for a temporary marriage commissioner appointment:
- must be 18 years or older
- must be a permanent resident of Canada
- is appointed for one day
- is only authorized to perform a civil (non-religious) marriage ceremony in Alberta
- cannot charge a fee to perform a marriage
- cannot represent themselves as a permanent marriage commissioner or solicit business of this nature
- Applications take from 2 to 4 weeks to process. Apply early.
Government of Alberta Website with more information and the application: https://www.alberta.ca/temporary-marriage-commissioner.aspx
If you have questions or want to book a consultation, email: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss availability.
The consultation fee is $175
If travel is required, mileage fees will apply