Requirements from the Government of Alberta:
- Both the bride and groom must be present.
- Alberta does not register marriages by proxy.
- Alberta does recognize same sex marriages.
- The couple must have obtained and present to the marriage officiant a valid Alberta marriage licence.
- A marriage officiant, who is registered with Vital Statistics to perform marriages, must be present.
- Two adult witnesses are required to be present at the marriage ceremony.
- The Registration of Marriage must be signed by the bride, groom, marriage officiate and two adult witnesses.